cyberbullying trustee training
WHY A SPECIFIC FOCUS ON CYBERBULLYING?
- rapidly evolving electronic platforms
- multifaceted approaches for aggression
- 24/7/365 nature of accessibility
- moral and legal implications for schools and individuals
Students need supportive adults who are both knowledgeable about and empathetic to the complicated life of the online young adult.
Who Are Trustees?
Trustees are designated staff members, specifically trained to deal with online aggression, who are willing to serve as point people for students and are staff members whom students feel comfortable approaching for help (Hinduja & Patchin, 2015).
what does trustee training involve?
- Cyberbullying trends and statistics
- Overview of legal precedents that inform school cyberbullying intervention
- In-depth review of cyberbullying response techniques (aggressor, target, bystander)
- Guidance on creating and sustaining a trustee program
- Review of and/or creation of school-specific documents regarding cyberbullying definition or investigation
Image #1: jahaymesisviphotography/flickr
Image #2: wentongg/flickr
Image #3: flickingerbrad/flickr